[linux-dvb] DVB Driver for DiBcom's DiB7000M does not support the remote control for the kaiserbass TVStick

David Wilson dnw3039 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 06:19:42 CET 2010

I have purchased the  kaiserbass TVStick product ID 'KBA01007-KB DVD-T
USB TUNER WITH 2 GB MEMORY'. The Linux-DVB Driver for DiBcom's DiB7000M
driver works very well for video, but the software driver does not
support the slim 28 key remote control provided by  kaiserbass.

The evidence is the error codes in the system log. For example pressing
any key causes a system log error, the volume up key results in the
system error message:

2010-11-14 13:07:26    Capulet    kernel    [10464.828505] dib0700:
Unknown remote controller key: 0000 2b d4

I tried adding a new set of key codes to the DiB7000M-devices.c file i.e.

{ 0x2bd4, KEY_VOLUMEUP },

but this did not work, perhaps I have used the wrong conversion or
format for the key values.
Here are the key values from the system error messages

KEY_MUTE            0AF5
KEY_SOURCE          38C7
KEY_SCREEN          0FF0
KEY_POWER           0CF3