[linux-dvb] Support for TV Tuner Prolink PixelView PlayTV 400 USB

Lucian Iuga-Popescu lucian.iuga at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 23:14:24 CET 2011

Hi!

More than 4 years ago (long time, eh? :)  ), there was a discussion
thread on the linuxtv mailing list about supporting the tuner PixelView
PlayTV 400 USB.

It was here:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-November/thread.html#14322

I was involved in that thread, but had to drop it because of shifting
priorities. But now, I would like to give it a try again.

A lot of things have changed in the meantime. Now, there is a m920x
module in the main kernel, but the tuner I have is not supported. Also,
nvidia added the M9207 to their homepage:
http://www.nvidia.com/page/uli_m9207.html

Is anyone willing to give it a try? I will help with anything that I
can. I already have some USB sniffs from Windows which I can provide;
and I can make more. Also, I made new pictures of the PCB (I lost the
old ones). I even gave a try at modifying the module source myself, but
it is way beyond my current knowledge.

Can anyone help?

Regards,
Lucian