[linux-dvb] usb analog tv stick Iconbit u100

Ling Sequera lingstein at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 23:44:36 CEST 2011

Regards,

I have a "Mygica u719c usb analog tv stick", lsusb output identify this
device as: "ID 1f4d:0237 G-Tek Electronics Group". Googling, I found that
this device is the same "Iconbit Analog Stick U100 FM", which has support in
the kernel since version 3.0 as shown here. I opened the device to confirm
this information, and effectively, it has two chips, the demod Conexan
"CX23102" and the DVB-T tuner NPX "TDA-18211" (I take it some pictures). I
installed the pre-compiled version of kernel 3.0.4, and the device was
recognised, but only works in the modes: composite and s-video. I check the
source code and I found that it don't support tv tuner mode, I want to add
support for this. The TDA-18211 tuner has support in the kernel in the
module tda18271 according to the thread of this mailing list. I have never
written a module, but I have basic knowledge in C, so I need a book,
reference, API, or something, to write the missing code to add support for
this device as tv tuner. Also I need help understanding how to read
usb-snoop log files and identify the necessary parameters for configure the
code. Excuse about my english, I am from Caracas, Venezuela. Thanks in
advance. I hope for your response.