[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.3.45
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Mar 26 17:10:33 CEST 2006
VDR developer version 1.3.45 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
Besides some other fixes and enhancements, I'm currently mainly trying
to increase the reliability of VPS timers. This version brings some
improvements in that area, but there will probably have to be some
more changes in case a broadcast is shifted to a time after its
advertised end time without the EPG data being updated accordingly,
and the device receiving that channel is switched to an other channel
in the meantime.
So please keep an eye on VPS recordings and report any irregularities
you might observe. Please make sure you provide a proper log excerpt,
with logging set to --log=3 (the default) for maximum information.
You also may want to make sure that all of VDR's log messages go into
*one* file (on some systems log messages are spread into several files,
which makes it hard to use the data in order to track down a bug).
The changes since version 1.3.44
- Fixed updating the "Info" button in the "Timers" menu.
- Reduced the number of events to actually check when setting events to timers.
- cMenuEditIntItem now checks the given value and forces it to be between the
given min and max limits.
- The status changes of EPG events are now logged for all channels that have timers.
- Removed the log message "deleting plugin: ..." when shutting down VDR (thanks to
Christoph Haubrich for reporting that this is irritating when calling "vdr --help").
- Fixed cReadLine::Read() for lines that end with the infamous "\r\n" (thanks to
- Fixed cDvbDevice::SetAudioBypass() in case setTransferModeForDolbyDigital is false
(thanks to Werner Fink).
- Updated 'sources.conf'.
- Fixed the shutdown timeout (thanks to Alexander Wenzel).
- Only calling RemoveEmptyVideoDirectories() once in case a recording has been
deleted (reported by Hardy Flor).
- Fixed deleting recordings that have been removed externally when running out of
disk space (reported by Jan Lenz).
- Fixed handling repeating VPS timers (they stopped recording too early).
- Timer log messages now show "VPS" if this is a VPS timer.
- Fixed getting the present EPG event in case none is currently 'running' (it
then returns the one that just ended).
- Fixed calling a plugin's main menu function while a message is being displayed
(reported by Helmut Auer).
- Updated the Russian OSD texts (thanks to Oleg Roitburd).
- Made cMenuRecordings::GetRecording() 'protected' (suggested by Marius Heidenstecker).
- Speeded up cRemux::ScanVideoPacket() (thanks to Reinhard Nissl).
- Enhanced logging EPG event data.
- Fixed format string handling (thanks to Darren Salt).
- The new function cDevice::ForceTransferMode() can be used to force the primary
device into transfer mode (thanks to Reinhard Nissl).
- The 'version' of EPG events is now ignored when reading EPG data from 'epg.data'
or via SVDRP/PUTE to avoid problems with double EPG events.
- The 'running status' of EPG events is now only set to SI::RunningStatusNotRunning
for events before the present event.
- Fixed some #include sequences.
- Single shot VPS timers are now only considered 'expired' if their associated
EPG event has been explicitly set to SI::RunningStatusNotRunning.
- The check for timers to be deleted is now done only every 30 seconds.
More information about the vdr