[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.5.18 - release candidate 3
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Mar 16 12:54:47 CET 2008
VDR developer version 1.5.18 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous developer version is available at
The originally planned release of version 1.6.0 has been postponed,
because there have been a few small changes that need to be properly
Please report any bugs as soon as possible.
If nothing unexpected happens, I plan to release version 1.6.0 on March 23.
The following translation files still have untranslated texts:
It would be nice if somebody could finish these before the 1.6.0 release.
To avoid duplicate work, please announce your activity here in this thread.
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.5.17:
- Added a missing reset of maxNumber in cChannels::Renumber() (reported by Sundararaj
- Revoked the fixed change of the default character set for SI data and introduced
an environment variable to control it (thanks to Ales Jurik for reporting broken
SI data on the Czech/Slovak channels, which actually do follow the standard).
Users who want to set the default character set to something different can do this
by setting the environment variable VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE to something like
- Fixed a signed character used as index in cBase64Encoder::NextLine() (thanks
to Tobias Grimm).
- Updated the Spanish and Catalanian OSD texts (thanks to Luca Olivetti).
- Fixed automatically selecting the preferred subtitle language (based on a patch
from Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Updated the Ukrainian OSD texts (thanks to Yarema Aka Knedlyk).
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto).
- Updated the Polish OSD texts (thanks to Michael Rakowski).
- Fixed formatting the name section in the VDR man pages (thanks to Tobias Grimm).
- Updated the Swedish OSD texts (thanks to Magnus Andersson).
- Added Russian translations to the 'skincurses' and 'pictures' plugins (thanks
to Alexander Gross).
- Fixed displaying the free disk space when entering the recordings menu where the
last replayed recording was in a subdirectory, and pressing Back (thanks to Rolf
- Fixed tuning to a live channel after a recording has been stopped using the
- Resetting a timer's 'pending' flag when it has ended.
*When reporting problems, please don't reply to this message!*
Create a new thread instead, using a descriptive subject!
More information about the vdr