Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Aug 23 16:04:39 CEST 2009

VDR developer version 1.7.9 is now available at

      ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.7.9.tar.bz2

A 'diff' against the previous version is available at

      ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.7.8-1.7.9.diff

WARNING:
========

This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.

The changes since version 1.7.8:

- Fixed storing the current OSD size in case the device has
  changed it in its setup menu (reported by Reinhard Nissl).
- Fixed cDevice::PlayTsVideo() and cDevice::PlayTsAudio() in case only part of the
  buffer has been accepted by the device (reported by Udo Richter).
- Changed the EIT filter setup to save a few handles on devices that do hardware
  filtering.
- Fixed deleting expired timers if they have the VPS flag set, but the event they
  are assigned to doesn't have a VPS tag.
- Fixed handling file name length on VFAT systems in case they
  contain UTF-8 characters (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Fixed generating CaPmts in case audio and video are encrypted using different
  ECM pids.
- Updated vdr.1 to use the new file names in recording directories.
- Fixed cRecordings::DelByName() to avoid compilation errors with gcc 4.4
  (thanks to Matthias Schwarzott).
- Increased the value of MAXFRAMESIZE to better suit HD recordings (thanks to
  Reinhard Nissl).
- Implemented full handling of subtitling descriptors (thanks to Mikko Tuumanen).

Have fun!

Klaus