[vdr] [OT] mini-PCIE with Broadcom Crystal HD Hardware Decoder (BCM970012) for HD playback with free drivers

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Mon Jan 4 18:54:00 CET 2010

I wish we could get away from xine. Too many layers.
VDR/VDPAU/XINE/XORG. End up with lots of problems, change channels oo
fast, somthing crashes, weak signal, something crashes, FF/RW speed
changing sometimes crashes, with all the buffering, get slow channel
change, slow responce to pause, RW/FF and lots of lip sync problems.
Need to reduce some middle ware.