JW solevita50 at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 6 20:31:14 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 06.01.2010, 13:34 +0100 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> VDR developer version 1.7.11 is now available at

> The changes since version 1.7.10:

> - Implemented handling the "Content Descriptor" (based on a patch from Rolf
>   Ahrenberg). The 'classic', 'sttng' and 'curses' skins display the textual
>   representation of the content descriptors as "genre". The epg.data file stores
>   the genre using the tag character 'G'.

Believe it or not, I was working on this patch this afternoon. I should
have checked my emails earlier. But how about changing all these
#defines in enumeration in epg.h? I also changed the names the way, that
they fit better to the rest of vdr's source code (patch attached).
ARD also sends some kind of user defined Content Descriptor, but
unfortunately it's nowhere documented.

Regards,

Joachim