[vdr] vdr-xine - skipping audio & video [RESOLVED]

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Fri Jan 8 23:50:09 CET 2010

Hi

After literally a year or more, I've finally found the one thing that was
causing my problems with this.

Problem: Any version of vdr-xine above 0.8.0 (and associated xine-lib and
xine-ui from Reinhard's website) caused audio and video skips a few minutes
into watching a recording.  This was indicated by multiple "fixing sound
card drift by XXXX pts" messages in the xine console coinciding with the
video "catching up"

Fix: (too easy, as these things often turn out to be!!!) modify
~/.xine.config
from:
audio.synchronization.av_sync_method:0
audio.synchronization.resample_mode:0
to:
audio.synchronization.av_sync_method:resample
audio.synchronization.resample_mode:on

HOORAY!!!  I'm finally able to move off a 2007 plugin!

Next problem - I can't get vdpau to work.  But I'll start another thread for
that.

Regards
Simon