[vdr] streamdev for xbmc testing-pvr2

Stuart Morris stuart_morris at talk21.com
Mon Jan 25 10:28:49 CET 2010

Oh yes I was on to that in a flash.
Things are much improved but still not good enough for my 'production' setup.

You can select VDPAU rendering and temporal/spatial de-interlace for h264 video (SD and HD) giving fluid 50Hz frame rate. But when you then watch some mpeg2 content it falls back to software rendering and the standard 25Hz de-interlace.

Have posted a question on the XBMC forum whether it is possible to select VDPAU (and hence VDPAU de-interlace) for both h264 and mpeg2 decoders. The XBMC forum is incredibly busy so I am sceptical I will get a response.

BTW
My setup with XBMC is now:

XBMC svn checkout
http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/pvr-testing2

VDR 1.7.11 (unpatched!)

cvs streamdev with all patches applied from pvr-testing2/pvr-addons/streamdev/patches directory.

Stuart