[vdr] [Makefile] `-fPIC` not added to externally defined `C[XX]FLAGS` of PLUGINS if `Make.config` not available

Frank Schmirler vdr at schmirler.de
Tue Jan 26 11:09:11 CET 2010

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:54:00 +0100, Paul Menzel wrote
> Am Dienstag, den 26.01.2010, 10:34 +0100 schrieb Frank Schmirler:
> > This has already been discussed during the last months, I just didn't take the
> > time yet to propose a fix:
> >
> > http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2009-July/020977.html
> > http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2009-December/021807.html
> Thank you for the links. I could not figure out what alternativ is
> preferred though. If you tell me, I could prepare a patch.

Well, there hasn't been much feedback... At first I preferred the "copy
Make.config.template to Make.config if it doesn't exist" approach as it
doesn't require any change in plugin Makefiles and adds just a single line to
VDR's Makefile. But the cleaner solution is clearly "include a Make.global in
plugin plugin and VDR Makefiles before Make.config" as preferred by Udo Richter.

Would be great if you could prepare the patch.