[vdr] PCR pid

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Sat Jan 30 12:14:59 CET 2010

On 24.01.2010 18:37, Petri Hintukainen wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> I was under the impression that the WMP was one of those players
>> that have problems if there is no PCR, but apparently it plays just fine...
>
> When I used vlc with streamdev (few years ago), vlc refused to play http
> streams without PCR. But I don't know if recent versions still require
> PCR.

I have now tested with VLC and apparently it does refuse to play
a stream without PCR - although according to
http://www.videolan.org/developers/vls/doc/developer/vls-devel/c327.htm
it obviously could (see section "Using or not PCRs").

In version 1.7.12 VDR will record the PCR data in case it uses
a different PID than the video. With that, VLC can replay such
recordings.

Klaus