[vdr] scan-s2 and dvbapi 5.1

Jiri Jansky janskj1 at fel.cvut.cz
Fri Jul 2 21:27:21 CEST 2010

Hi,
I get some dvb-s2 card (TeVii S650) and wanted test it on my HTPC. It is
supported under new kernel and "scan" is able to scan dvb-s transponder.
I wanted scan dvb-s2 transponders too. So I download latest scan-s2
program from (http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/scan-s2) and tried to
compile it. But scan-s2 depand on DVB_API_VERSION 5.0 and on my new
kernel is DVB_API_VERSION 5.1. So I edited condition (line 50 of scan.c
file) to pass compilation and get scan-s2 binary. Hovewer this binary
isn't able to scan any dvb-s2 nor dvb-s transponders(even that i was
able tu scan using "scan" program).
So, doing am I something very bad, or there isn't compatibility between
DVB_API 5.0 and DVB_API 5.1? Or is here any different way to get vdr
channels.conf lines of dvb-s2 channels?

Best regards
Jiri Jansky