[vdr] Edit timer/Timer conflict problem vdradmin/epgsearch

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Fri Jul 9 02:03:23 CEST 2010

epgsync seemed to work for copying over the sat channels that matched
the atsc channels. One problem I found, was I had to rename the sat
channels so the short name matched exactly the atsc names. I used
different names to show which was which. Another problem I see coming up
is, what is t okeep it from trying to copy the atsc data back to the sat
data corrupting that? The sat data is more complete. There is no target
option for ATSC. The settings I used:

epgsync.ChannelByChannel = 0
epgsync.ChannelTypes = 0
epgsync.ConnectAttempts = 1
epgsync.HideMainMenuEntry = 0
epgsync.NowNext = 1
epgsync.RedirectChannels = 2
epgsync.ServerIp = 127.0.0.1
epgsync.ServerPort = 6419
epgsync.SyncOnStart = 1

This looks like it could be modified to use one of the programs
http://www.schedulesdirect.org/approvedsoftware to get Schedules Direct
data. Something is needed to reformat and merge into the epgdata file.