[vdr] vdr-1.7.15 problem with TV

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Sat Jul 31 02:19:23 CEST 2010

I would like to dump xine though it is getting stable, it's still a lot
of extra crap that needs installing to use it that just waste disk
space. Softdevice doesn't support vdpau though does it? I'm still
confused about the layers. Seems like X is the layer between vdr and
vdpau driver, but we seem to need xine to talk to X and we need vdr-xine
plugin to talk to xine. too many layers. We need a plugin that talks
directly to X if not the video driver itself. Vdr could talk directly to
the driver for video out of the Nexus-s. Why not the main video card?