[vdr] vdr-1.7.15 problem with TV

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 03:52:55 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Morfsta <morfsta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't it about time that VDR had a native out of the box plugin for
> X11 output with H264 acceleration? There's so many problems with
> having xine or xinelibout plugins developed by 3rd parties and relying
> on syncing up with xine etc...

The only problem is that I doubt it will ever happen.  Although I did
hear talk about making the vdpau elements from xine-lib into an own
library, which I guess would be a step closer.  I use xine-lib-1.2 +
xine-ui + vdr-xine.  However, I never actually use xine-ui and so on
since my box is a dedicated htpc.  I will never run VDR in a window or
want to have any desktop type environment there.  Surely there's a lot
I have to install that I'll never use but I don't ever see a time when
VDR will be able to bypass all that for users such as myself (with
dedicated VDR into tv).