[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.15
Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Sun Jun 6 14:49:12 CEST 2010
VDR developer version 1.7.15 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.7.14:
- Added Macedonian language texts (thanks to Dimitar Petrovski).
- Updated the Estonian OSD texts (thanks to Arthur Konovalov).
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Added handling of EnhancedAC3DescriptorTag (thanks to Eric Valette).
- The default SVDRP port is now 6419 (registered with ICANN/IANA by Christian Tramnitz).
Use '-p 2001' to switch back to the old port if necessary.
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto).
- cDvbDevice::ProvidesTransponder() now checks the modulation capabilities of the
device (as far as the driver allows this).
- Fixed cFrameDetector::Analyze() in case part of the data has been processed and
there is less than MIN_TS_PACKETS_FOR_FRAME_DETECTOR left (reported by Derek Kelly).
- Added a note about not deleting cDeviceHook objects to device.h.
- Added user defined key kUser0 (suggested by Ulf Kiener).
- Include paths are now added instead of overwriting INCLUDES in the Makefile (thanks
to Paul Menzel).
- The various modulation types are now taken into account when selecting a device for
a recording or live viewing, so that devices that provide more capabilities are
- Fixed generating PMT language descriptors for multi language PIDs (thanks to Rolf
- Transponders that use "8psk turbo fec" (a non-standard mode used by North American
providers) are now identified by assuming that all 8psk transponders on DVB-S use
"turbo fec". In order to determine whether a certain device can handle "turbo fec",
the new driver flag FE_CAN_TURBO_FEC is checked. If your device can handle "turbo
fec", and your driver doesn't have that flag, yet, you can apply the patch from
ftp://ftp.tvdr.de/vdr/Developer/v4l-dvb-add-FE_CAN_TURBO_FEC.diff. A temporary
macro in dvbdevice.c defines the flag for all those who don't need this in the
driver, so that they can continue using an unmodified driver.
Thanks to Derek Kelly for testing this.
- Updated the Ukrainian OSD texts (thanks to Yarema Aka Knedlyk).
- Fixed handling "none" color entries in XPM files (thanks to Thomas Gu"nther).
- Fixed a crash when creating a new channel if the channel list is empty (reported
by Halim Sahin).
- Updated the Czech OSD texts (thanks to Radek Stastny).
- Fixed a possible out of buffer memory access in case of bad TS data (reported
by Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Implemented handling of HD resolution subtitles according to v1.3.1 of
ETSI EN 300 743, chapter 7.2.1 (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- The EPG data now handles stream components 5 (H.264-video) and 6 (HEAAC-audio).
- Fixed a problem with external Dolby Digital processing via the '-a' option in live
mode and with TS recordings (reported by Christopher Reimer).
- Added handling MPEG audio types "ISO/IEC 14496-3 Audio with LATM transport syntax"
and "ISO/IEC 13818-7 Audio with ADTS transport syntax" (suggested by Luis Fernandes).
See man vdr(5) on how the APID section of channels has been extended to store
- Added detecting channels that use service type 0x16.
- Added full handling of the stream types of Dolby Digital pids
(thanks to Jose Alberto Reguero).
- The new setup option "OSD/Number keys for characters" can be used to control whether
the number keys can be used to enter characters in a text input field (suggested
by Stefan Huskamp).
More information about the vdr