Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Thu Mar 4 02:35:34 CET 2010

There is a plugin for ATSC:
http://www.fepg.org/atscepg/
http://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=36463
It is a patch to vdr to use ATSC and it has a scanner to scan for
channels and create a channels.conf. Current HG version also lets you
select which tuner is used for channel scanning and select between atsc
and cable. I currently am having problems with this version segfaulting
when trying to scan, but it seems to be ok for others.  Also, the cable
scanning part is still in the works. I tried scanning my cable with
another program and found some 300+ channels, but with the plugin, while
it was able to tune a number of frequancies, only found 5 local channels.