[vdr] System unresponsive and picture breakup with VDR 1.7.10 and Tevii S660 (USB)

Niels Wagenaar n.wagenaar at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 12 22:23:41 CET 2010

2010/3/12 Niels Wagenaar <n.wagenaar at xs4all.nl>:
> I haven't build the reelbox stuff yet, so the EHD is *not* configured
> in my system. I'm a bit reluctant to remove the EHD since I just made
> everything nice (enclosure and furniture). Also, I tested my
> configuration with MS Windows in combination with DVB Viewer Pro and
> no issues. And a fast test with TVHeadend doesn't seem to give issues
> also. So it must be VDR in combination with my Tevii S660 USB device.

Ok, I removed the ExtensionHD. This didn't solve the problem. Then I
decided to put an old TT 1500-S in and now it works. I also found out
that TVHeadend experienced the same problem. Upgrading VDR didn't
resolve the issue.

So I guess it's  a problem with the Tevii S660 (as I thought). And I
found that other have curious problems as well. *sigh*

Oh well, time to find an other DVB-S2 based USB device.

Regards,

Niels Wagenaar