[vdr] System unresponsive and picture breakup with VDR 1.7.10 and Tevii S660 (USB)

Artem Makhutov artem at makhutov.org
Fri Mar 12 22:49:17 CET 2010

Hello,

Am 12.03.2010 22:23, schrieb Niels Wagenaar:
> 2010/3/12 Niels Wagenaar<n.wagenaar at xs4all.nl>:
>> I haven't build the reelbox stuff yet, so the EHD is *not* configured
>> in my system. I'm a bit reluctant to remove the EHD since I just made
>> everything nice (enclosure and furniture). Also, I tested my
>> configuration with MS Windows in combination with DVB Viewer Pro and
>> no issues. And a fast test with TVHeadend doesn't seem to give issues
>> also. So it must be VDR in combination with my Tevii S660 USB device.
>>

> Ok, I removed the ExtensionHD. This didn't solve the problem. Then I
> decided to put an old TT 1500-S in and now it works. I also found out
> that TVHeadend experienced the same problem. Upgrading VDR didn't
> resolve the issue.
>
> So I guess it's  a problem with the Tevii S660 (as I thought). And I
> found that other have curious problems as well. *sigh*
>
> Oh well, time to find an other DVB-S2 based USB device.

The S660 works well for me.

It is a problem of the drivers and/or firmware. I had also the same problem.

The only working driver for me is the official driver from the TeVii
website and also just an older version.
Unfortunaly I have deleted the original .rar so I can't tell you the
exact version I am using right now.

The s2-liplianin drivers do not work reliably.

Regards, Artem