[vdr] System unresponsive and picture breakup with VDR 1.7.10 and Tevii S660 (USB)

Niels Wagenaar n.wagenaar at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 13 15:03:52 CET 2010

2010/3/13 Artem Makhutov <artem at makhutov.org>:
> Hi,

Greetings!

> I had the same issue. The system was freezing several times per minute for a
> few seconds.

Yep, this sounds as the same problem I have/had.

> All of this drivers won't work.
>
> The only working driver for me was called something like this:
> 09XXXXX_tevii_xxxxx.rar
>
> Unfortunatly this driver does not build with kernel 2.6.33 anymore. So I
> have to stick with 2.6.32-gentoo-r6.

I use Xubuntu 9.10 and that has 2.6.31. 2.6.33 and higher wont't do
for me, because the nvidia kernel driver won't compile on 2.6.33 and
higher.

>> Would you be willing to tar, compress it and upload both drivers
>> somewhere? You may also mail them to me, my mailbox is quite large and
>> can handle large attachements.
>
> Files sent.

Got them, installed them. Issues gone! No freezes, no picture
breakups, etc. Thank you very much for the drivers! :-)

> Regards, Artem

Regards,

Niels Wagenaar