[vdr] vdr.git tree usage for building multiple vdr versions

Mika Laitio lamikr at pilppa.org
Sun Mar 14 13:46:30 CET 2010

Hi

I have now mostly used http://projects.vdr-developer.org/git/ as a link
for cloning the vdr and all plugins I have wanted to use for building new vdr versions.

So I could for example build 1.7.10 by using commands
#git clone git://projects.vdr-developer.org/vdr.git
#cd vdr.git
#git checkout vdr-1.7.10

and then go to plugins/src dir and download all plugins there and then
finally build everything by using normal

#make
#make plugins

What I would however like to do is to use same vdr git tree for building
multiple vdr versions by using something like

#make O=../build-1.7.13
#make plugins O=../build-1.7.13

So that I could just use one vdr.git source tree and jump inside of it to
different versions. When building kernel I already can do that by using a
commands like:

#git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
#git checkout v2.6.34-rc1
#mkdir ../build-2.6.34-rc1
#make xconfig O=../build-2.6.34-rc1
#make O=../build-2.6.34-rc1
#git checkout <another version...>

Has anybody doing something like that with vdr?

Mika