[vdr] Recording DVB-T HD infrance

Eric Valette Eric.Valette at Free.fr
Fri Mar 19 09:47:57 CET 2010

On 03/19/2010 08:05 AM, VDR User wrote:

>>> Nvidia ION supports VDPAU so how come you aren't using it to decode
>>> video?!
>>>
>> Yes. As said in earlier post I have no problem with vlc,maplyer, xbmc with
>> the same stream. I have with xine. Was talking only about viewing HD in
>> xine.
>>
> Ok, .....but why aren't you using VDPAU?  You said you're using an ION
> nettop without hardware acceleration which means either you're
> choosing not to use it for some reason, or you don't have an ION
> system.

I'm of course using vdpau (via 195.36.15 driver) when detected (mplayer,
vlc, xbmc). The debian xine version does not seem to have it enabled by
default (did not try the 1.2 version that is in experimental or more
precisely do not know what to do when installed a the xine command use
the old implementation).

-- eric