[vdr] vdr xine-lib eac3

dplu dplu at free.fr
Wed Mar 24 19:22:22 CET 2010

Hi

I have made previous test with the version release by Petri Hintukainen

And I notice this part is not working like it should

-    if((m->descriptor_tag == STREAM_AUDIO_AC3) ||    /* ac3 - raw */
+    if(m->descriptor_tag == HDMV_AUDIO_84_EAC3) {
+      m->content   = p;
+      m->size = packet_len;
+      m->type |= BUF_AUDIO_EAC3;
+      return 1;
+
+    } else if((m->descriptor_tag == STREAM_AUDIO_AC3) ||    /* ac3 - raw */

unfortunaletly, in AC3 or E-AC3 , the descriptor tag is STREAM_AUDIO_AC3, so
the program never run the first if (installed a debug printf here)

It seems that your first approach (at least what I understood) by forcing the
decoding of all AC-3 stream by ffmepg instead of internal lib was nice but
generate violent segfault on libavcodec

Hope this help you

Best regards

PS : Sorry to pollute the vdr mailing list (not subscribed to ffmpeg or
xine-lib....)