[vdr] vdr xine-lib eac3

Jose Alberto Reguero jareguero at telefonica.net
Thu Mar 25 16:08:20 CET 2010


Patch for xine-lib that don't need to patch remux.c to work.

Jose Alberto

El Jueves, 25 de Marzo de 2010, Jose Alberto Reguero escribió:
> Patch against latest xine-lib-1.2. New patch for xineliboutput. Now must
> work if you patch remux.c.
> You must have the latest xine-lib and xineliboutput. Yesterday both have
> changes about eac3.
> 
> Jose Alberto
> 
> El Jueves, 25 de Marzo de 2010, zaverel escribió:
> > The typo was on remux.c  => lost  : and ;
> > 
> > Anyway xine-lib has been updated and your patch don't apply.
> > 
> > Update is for eac3 with mkv
> > 
> > i don't test it yet
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > corrected remux.c
> > 
> > line 533
> > case SI::AC3DescriptorTag:
> > +case SI::EnhancedAC3DescriptorTag:
> > 
> > 
> > and in line 191:
> > 
> > -Target[i++] = SI::AC3DescriptorTag;
> > +Target[i++] = SI::EnhancedAC3DescriptorTag;
> > 
> > Le 24/03/2010 22:58, Jose Alberto Reguero a écrit :
> > > I attached a second version of the first patch.
> > > I make the same changes that in the second patch, but maintaining the
> > > logic of the first patch. Also I commented the line:
> > > +//        this->context->request_channels = 2;
> > > because your example has 5 channels. If you have trouble with that you
> > > can comment the line again.
> > > Which  typo error has the second patch?
> > > 
> > > Jose Alberto
> > > 
> > > El Miércoles, 24 de Marzo de 2010, zaverel escribió:
> > >> i 've patched pat.c and now remux.c
> > >> and with use xine-lib-1.2 with your second patch (who has typo error)
> > >> and that doesn't work.
> > >> 
> > >> corrected remux.c
> > >> 
> > >> line 533
> > >> case SI::AC3DescriptorTag:
> > >> +case SI::EnhancedAC3DescriptorTag:
> > >> 
> > >> 
> > >> and in line 191:
> > >> 
> > >> -Target[i++] = SI::AC3DescriptorTag;
> > >> +Target[i++] = SI::EnhancedAC3DescriptorTag;
> > >> 
> > >> 
> > >> 
> > >> with your previously patch and just pat.c patched with
> > >> line 402
> > >> 
> > >> case SI::AC3DescriptorTag:
> > >> +case SI:EnhancedAC3DescriptorTag:
> > >> 
> > >> that worked but not stable.
> > >> 
> > >> Is your sample eac3 has |"Spectral extension" ?
> > >> because in france dvb-t with eac3 has it
> > >> and need a ffmpeg patched for that.
> > >> And i test with that sound.
> > >> 
> > >> Le 24/03/2010 19:41, Jose Alberto Reguero a écrit :
> > >>> It works here with a old sample of tdt with eac3. Have you patch also
> > >>> remux.c? You need to change in line 533:
> > >>> 
> > >>> case SI::AC3DescriptorTag:
> > >>> +case SI:EnhancedAC3DescriptorTag:
> > >>> 
> > >>> and in line 191:
> > >>> 
> > >>> -Target[i++] = SI::AC3DescriptorTag;
> > >>> +Target[i++] = SI::EnhancedAC3DescriptorTag
> > >>> 
> > >>> Jose Alberto
> > >>> 
> > >>> El Miércoles, 24 de Marzo de 2010, dplu escribió:
> > >>>> Hi
> > >>>> 
> > >>>> I have made previous test with the version release by Petri
> > >>>> Hintukainen
> > >>>> 
> > >>>> And I notice this part is not working like it should
> > >>>> 
> > >>>> -    if((m->descriptor_tag == STREAM_AUDIO_AC3) ||    /* ac3 - raw
> > >>>> */ +    if(m->descriptor_tag == HDMV_AUDIO_84_EAC3) {
> > >>>> +      m->content   = p;
> > >>>> +      m->size = packet_len;
> > >>>> +      m->type |= BUF_AUDIO_EAC3;
> > >>>> +      return 1;
> > >>>> +
> > >>>> +    } else if((m->descriptor_tag == STREAM_AUDIO_AC3) ||    /* ac3
> > >>>> - raw */
> > >>>> 
> > >>>> unfortunaletly, in AC3 or E-AC3 , the descriptor tag is
> > >>>> STREAM_AUDIO_AC3, so the program never run the first if (installed a
> > >>>> debug printf here)
> > >>>> 
> > >>>> It seems that your first approach (at least what I understood) by
> > >>>> forcing the decoding of all AC-3 stream by ffmepg instead of
> > >>>> internal lib was nice but generate violent segfault on libavcodec
> > >>>> 
> > >>>> Hope this help you
> > >>>> 
> > >>>> Best regards
> > >>>> 
> > >>>> PS : Sorry to pollute the vdr mailing list (not subscribed to ffmpeg
> > >>>> or xine-lib....)
> > >>>> 
> > >>>> Le Wednesday 24 March 2010 18:41:14 zaverel, vous avez écrit :
> > >>>>> hello
> > >>>>> 
> > >>>>>  your second patch doesn't work  : no sound on eac3 channel
> > >>>>> 
> > >>>>> if you want there is a sample of vdr hd-eac3 recording here:
> > >>>>> 
> > >>>>> http://dl.free.fr/ew4rJddM8
> > >>>>> 
> > >>>>>  103mo
> > >>>>> 
> > >>>>> else , i don't know what mailing-list is the more indicate for
> > >>>>> debuging
> > >>>>> 
> > >>>>> the vdr or xine-dev mailing-list ?
> > >>>>> 
> > >>>>> _______________________________________________
> > >>>>> vdr mailing list
> > >>>>> vdr at linuxtv.org
> > >>>>> http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr
> > >>>> 
> > >>>> _______________________________________________
> > >>>> vdr mailing list
> > >>>> vdr at linuxtv.org
> > >>>> http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr
> > >>> 
> > >>> _______________________________________________
> > >>> vdr mailing list
> > >>> vdr at linuxtv.org
> > >>> http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr
> > > 
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > vdr mailing list
> > > vdr at linuxtv.org
> > > http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: xine-eac3_5.diff
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 5108 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/attachments/20100325/8b717df0/attachment-0001.bin>


More information about the vdr mailing list