[vdr] XBMC with vdr-1.6.0 ??

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Sat Mar 27 10:22:35 CET 2010

> On 25/03/2010 20:03, Simon Baxter wrote:
>
>> Apart from youe eac3 mods etc, does streamdev _actually_need_ any
>> patching to work with xbmc pvr-testing2? Or should
>> http://ppa.launchpad.net/hotzenplotz5/test-vdr-lucid/ubuntu/pool/main/v/vdr-plugin-streamdev/vdr-plugin-streamdev_0.5.0~pre20090706+cvs20100307.2102.orig.tar.gz
>>
>> work fine just compiled with no patches etc?
>
> Honestly I don't know. And that's why using prepackaged set of patches
> avoid omitting necessary fixes and most of the time going into trouble in
> general.
>
> BTW: Once configured, xbmc pvr-testing2, works for SD, epg,... but lacks
> programming feature and fails for me for HDTV. I dunno if my streamdev
> really works with HDTV or if its the rendering part that is not able to
> use VDPAU... As vdr record the HDTV streams correctly, I suppose streamdev
> should only write the TS stream on a socket instead than on the disk.
>
> --eric

Have tried that streamdev, and I'm still getting the same problems.  I only
get a picture and audio for a few seconds.

Can you send me your settings from VDR setup.conf?  Here's mine..

streamdev-server.AllowSuspend = 1
streamdev-server.HTTPBindIP = 127.0.0.1
streamdev-server.HTTPServerPort = 3000
streamdev-server.HTTPStreamType = 1