[vdr] merging correctly several .ts files to a single ts file or better mkv

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Sat Mar 27 12:19:55 CET 2010

On 27/03/2010 12:13, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> On 27.03.2010 12:10, Eric Valette wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been botten by the 2GB file size split and would like to:
>>      1) create a single file. "cat *.ts">  result.ts does not work well
>> because if I watch the resulting file with mplayer, i get out of sync
>> video and sound at the original split location
>
> I don't see why there should be any interruption at these points.
> VDR simply switches from one file to the next when recording.
> There is nothing special at the beginning or end of the files.

Well I do not understand either but try with smplayer and you will see
strange thing happen (slow motion; out of sync, bad timestand displayed,
...). Each .ts works fine in mplayer, not the result of the cat command.

Note that its VC1 + eac3 (HDTV in france).

>>      2) edit the resulting file to remove uneeded time stamp (beginning
>> and end typically)
>
> What "uneeded time stamp" do you mean?

Removing part of the record that is not what I wanted to record
(typically a few minutes before and after the complete record).

-- eric