[vdr] UK FreeviewHD and VDR

Chris Rankin rankincj at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 00:59:13 CEST 2011

> I haven't pushed it upstream to Klaus, I think the preferable solution
> is to do it as a plugin - search for the eepg plugin which incorporates
> the parsing code.

OK, thanks. Fedora 15 is still using VDR 1.6.x but the plugin looks small enough that I'm hoping it will work anyway :-).

BTW, I see that eepg.c is using sscanf() with GNU-specific "%a[range]" tokens. Wouldn't it be more practical to use "%m[range]" tokens instead, c.f. the man page for sscanf from glibc:

       Since version 2.7, glibc also provides the m modifier for the same pur‐
       pose as the a modifier.  The m modifier has the following advantages:

       * It may also be applied to %c conversion specifiers (e.g., %3mc).

       * It avoids ambiguity with respect to the %a floating-point  conversion
         specifier (and is unaffected by gcc -std=c99 etc.)

       * It is specified in the upcoming revision of the POSIX.1 standard.

Cheers,
Chris