[vdr] UK FreeviewHD and VDR

Laz laz at club-burniston.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 12:32:04 CEST 2011

On Friday 12 Aug 2011, Richard F wrote:
> Me too - noticed that DVB-T2 stick a while back.
>
> I have the same issue with changing the front-end, I'm particularly
> loathed to part with my mediaMVP's using VOMP with my headless server.
> This forms a good multi-user, functional, low power, low cost, reliable
> solution... who could want anything more ...until HD came along.

Snap! I've also been using VOMP on the upstairs tele'! (Also handy when
I've broken my output device downstairs!)

> There is an ongoing effort to re-purpose an HD streamer of some flavour
> for VOMP HD, but its not there yet.
> The drive now seems to be for a generic Android solution which sounds
> like a great idea.
> See http://forum.loggytronic.com/index.php?topic=526.15

I'll have to start reading that forum again..!

I might try to implement it so that vdr can record HD stuff but I can only
watch them "off-line" using mplayer or similar from another PC. At least
to start with, anyway.

Cheers,

Laz