[vdr] FreeviewHD success with Nanostick 290e

Laz laz at club-burniston.co.uk
Fri Aug 19 09:55:14 CEST 2011


Hi Chris (and list)

I've just been doing a bit more testing with my recently acquired Nanostick 
290e...

I added a fake channel with the frequency 618000000 MHz (my HD mux), QAM256, 
and everything else set to auto or random values. I then switched to it. vdr 
then picked up BBC HD, ITV1 HD, Channel4 HD, and BBC One HD.

It was clever enough to switch to the Nanostick for the HD mux because it's 
the only device that can do QAM256 (not sure if _only_ DVB-T2 includes QAM256 
or whether my other devices are too old ot do it as part of DVB-T).

I get now/next EPG for the HD channels but it's encrypted (it needs a plugin 
to decode, from what others have said).

If I switch to BBC One HD, femon gives me a video bit-rate of about 7 Mbit / s 
and an audio bit-rate of about 150 kbit / s. It claims to have a signal 
strength of 70% but I'm not sure I believe that! By comparison, BBC One gives 
me something like 3 Mbit / sv video and 260 kbit / s audio, and signal 
strength of 70%.

vdr has now written out the new entries to channels.conf:

BBC 
HD;BBC:618000000:B8C23D23M256Y0:T:0:101=27:102=eng at 17,106=eng at 17:0:0:17472:9018:16516:0
ITV1 
HD;ITV:618000000:B8C23D23M256Y0:T:0:201=27:202=eng at 17,206=eng at 17:0:0:17604:9018:16516:0
Channel 4 HD;CHANNEL 
FOUR:618000000:B8C23D23M256Y0:T:0:301=27:302=eng at 17,306=eng at 17:0:0:17664:9018:16516:0
BBC One 
HD;BBC:618000000:B8C23D23M256Y0:T:0:6601=27:6602=eng at 17,6606=eng at 17:0:0:17540:9018:16516:0

These are from the Emley Moor transmitter (I'm not sure how whether PIDs, 
etc., are the same between different transmitters but it might help someone.)

I'm not seeing anything on my tele' but I suspect my output device (a Matrox 
G450 with softdevice) can't go up to that high a resolution! Actually, I don't 
think it will currently play anything other than MPEG2.

I have a recording going from BBC One HD and there is a 00001.ts file which is 
growing rapidly.

I just played it back on a different PC. Mplayer output:

Playing 00001.ts.
TS file format detected.
VIDEO H264(pid=6601) AUDIO AAC LATM(pid=6602) SUB DVB(pid=6605)  PROGRAM N. 
132
FPS seems to be: 25.000000
Load subtitles in ./
==========================================================================
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
==========================================================================
==========================================================================
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 0.0 kbit/0.00% (ratio: 0->192000)
Selected audio codec: [fflatm] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg AAC in LATM)
==========================================================================
AO: [alsa] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Starting playback...
Unsupported PixelFormat 61
Unsupported PixelFormat 53
[h264 @ 0xeccca0]mmco: unref short failure
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [vdpau] 1440x1080 => 1920x1080 Planar YV12 

Looking good!

As far as I can tell, it seems to be working.

:-)

Next step, get the epg sorted out...

Cheers,

Laz



More information about the vdr mailing list