[vdr] [feature request] recording length computation and storage

André Weidemann Andre.Weidemann at web.de
Fri Aug 19 12:20:09 CEST 2011

Hi Steffen,

On 19.08.2011 11:46, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> Hi !
>
> After having seen that there are several plug-ins computing the
> recording length on their own and that being a very expensive task (in
> respect of io and cpu) and also the same implementation needs to be
> copied over and over again, i would like to request, that vdr is
> storing the length of a recording and make it accessible to the
> plug-ins. I would imagine, that some logic to store it in the info file
> after/while generating/writing the index would be a good way.
>
> Plug-ins which possibly could make use of that are:
> * live
> * extrecmenu
> * restfulapi
>
> I'm sure there are more of it.
>
> Has someone allready thought of this ? Are there any plans to have that
> or someone allready using a patch for this ?

Please correct me, if I am wrong, but I think vdr-1.7.20 has this
feature. Take a look at recording.h:

static int GetLength(const char *FileName, bool IsPesRecording = false);
        ///< Calculates the recording length (numer of frames) without
actually reading the index file.
        ///< Returns -1 in case of error.

Regards
  André