[vdr] epgsearch plugin memory leak

Christian Wieninger cwieninger at gmx.de
Sun Aug 21 10:26:38 CEST 2011

Hi Richard,

thanks for the files. I just gave them a try and using valgrind I could
also see that there's a leak when a search timer update is run.

==4060== 452,152 (6,968 direct, 445,184 indirect) bytes in 134 blocks
are definitely lost in loss record 287 of 287
==4060==    at 0x4024F20: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:236)
==4060==    by 0x4C31C90: ???
==4060==    by 0x4C39596: ???
==4060==    by 0x4C9FCF2: ???
==4060==    by 0x8145D96: cThread::StartThread(cThread*) (thread.c:257)
==4060==    by 0x406D96D: start_thread (pthread_create.c:300)
==4060==    by 0x4342A4D: clone (clone.S:130)

But unfortunately valgrind does not give me the information where the
leak is caused. Maybe the reason for this is that a search timer update
runs in a separate thread or because plugins are dynamically loaded
shared libraries?
Has anybody an idea how to use valgrind in this case?

Cheers,
Christian