[vdr] FreeviewHD success with Nanostick 290e

Chris Rankin rankincj at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 14:53:42 CEST 2011

 > The signal from my aerial goes through an amplifier to another amplifier with
four outputs!
 > I could probably do with a new aerial!!

Interesting, it hadn't occurred to me to use an amplifier. Although the HD MUXs
are all broadcasting at low power at the moment until Digital Switch-Over is
finished, so it's possible that this problem will sort itself out then. But
right now, it looks like my splitters degrade the HD signal to the point where
the tuner refuses to lock. Maybe I could buy better splitters, or maybe putting
splitters on coaxial cables is not as "plug and play" as I'd supposed and my
tangled pile of wires was generating interference.

One other point: your amplifier arrangement seems rather sophisticated. Are you
*sure* it's sending the same amplified signal to each of its four outputs? This
might explain why your 290e can't find the SD MUXs.

Cheers,
Chris