[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] dynamite plugin

L. Hanisch dvb at flensrocker.de
Mon Mar 28 19:36:21 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 28.03.2011 12:24, schrieb syrius.ml at no-log.org:
> "L. Hanisch"<dvb at flensrocker.de>  writes:
>
>>> - have you considered changing the way vdr detects adapter on startup ?
>>>     for instance vdr won't detect /dev/dvb/adapter1 if
>>>     /dev/dvb/adapter0 does not exist. this might happen when using udev
>>>     rules and restarting vdr while a module isn't loaded
>>
>> dynamite 0.0.6 now uses udev device enumeration to detect all dvb frontends regardless of their numbering.
>> If you would like to keep an adapter from being used by vdr you can set an udev environment property on that device.
>
> Hi !
>
> Thanks a lot !
> I'm using 0.0.6b and the new udev rules.
> My setup is :
> - first vdr (the one in production that has to be working, especially
>    when i'm not @home)
>    genuine vdr 1.7.17, 2 dvb-s cards, diseqc
>
> - 2nd vdr
>    dynamite vdr 1.7.17, 1 dvb-s ff card which keeps crashing + 1 dvb-t
>    usb stick
>
> It is working perfectly, i haven't tried to remove/add adapter yet.
> I will do later today.

  Thanks for testing this!

> Just another question:
> When i decide to only use one vdr instance, i'll be needing the diseqc
> trick in diseqc.conf (the one that replaces the sourcecaps patch), how
> do you think it could work ?
> I guess the quickest workaround would be to add a new udev param to
> force the card index in vdr.

  I only have DVB-C and only limited knowledge about DVB-S, Diseqc and all this stuff. But I found a description of the
sourcecaps patch. When I have read and understood it, I'll get in touch with you.
  It seems possible to configure this via udev and solve it with a device hook. But I haven't tried it and don't know
exactly how the device hooks works. (a little bit of brainstorming)

> I've been having issues with udev rules to order dvb devices in the
> past, instead i'm using a simple simple script that gives vdr the
> correct card number.
> ex:
> vdr $(get-dvb-device.sh main)
> "get-dvb-devices.sh main" returns "-D 1 -D 4" for example. that way
> i'm sure my main vdr always uses my two stable dvb-s cards

Regards,
Lars.