[vdr] vdr <-> vdr-xine <-> xine-lib and vdpau and HD recordings

Joerg Riechardt J.Riechardt at gmx.de
Thu Mar 31 17:27:40 CEST 2011

Hi,
I have a problem with skipping during a replay of a HD recording.
Running xine --verbose=2 I see after pressing the yellow button (skip
+60 sec) lots of
video_out: throwing away image with pts xxxxxxx because it's too old
(diff : yyyyy)
messages.
This is for a few seconds or forever, depending on system load, and
causes 100% Cpu, and spoils recordings on my slow system. On faster
systems you will hardly notice this.
If I patch cDvbPlayer::SkipSeconds with
-       readIndex = Index - 1; // Action() will first increment it!
+       readIndex = Index; // Index - 1 causes problems in xine
I no longer get those „throwing away image“ messages and the Cpu peak is
only short and not that high.

This happens also for starting a replay and for resuming replay after
fast forward, but for those I have no vdr patch.

I would very much appreciate if somebody with deeper knowledge of the
interplay between vdr <-> vdr-xine <-> xine-lib would look into and
comment on this.

You find more information at
http://www.vdr-portal.de/board16-video-disk-recorder/board85-hdtv-dvb-s2/p990596-das-abspielen-von-aufnahmen-wird-erst-nach-einiger-zeit-stabil-oder-nie-betrifft-auch-spr%C3%BCnge/#post990596
(german).

Without patch the video plugin gets loaded first, the audio plugin second.
With patch the video plugin gets loaded second, the audio plugin first.
Don´t know if that is important.

Joerg