[vdr] Only getting partial EPG data with 1.7.21?

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Fri Sep 9 16:35:03 CEST 2011

On 06.09.2011 16:42, John Klimek wrote:
> Did anything change with VDR 1.7.21 regarding EIT?
>
> For some reason I'm only getting partial EIT data (ie. lots of
> channels are missing EIT data).
>
> For my provider, the 7 day EPG guide is sent on one specific
> transponder and it contains EPG information for all satellites and
> services on the entire network.
>
> This worked fine in 1.7.20 but for some reason it's not updating lots
> of channels in 1.7.21.

2011-09-04: Version 1.7.21

- The new function cDevice::ProvidesEIT() is used to determine whether a device can
   provide EIT data and will thus be used in cEITScanner::Process() to receive EIT
   data from the channels it can receive (suggested by Rolf Ahrenberg). Note that by
   default it is assumed that a device can't provide EIT data, and only the builtin
   cDvbDevice returns true from this function.

If your receiving device is not a cDvbDevice then it will have
to implement that function and return true.

Other than that I don't see anything that changed in that area.

Klaus