[vdr] Crystalhd support and help

Lists mlists at dressler.ca
Mon Jan 2 16:59:50 CET 2012

Hi all, I have a main frontend box running yaVDR 1.7.21 vdr and I have a
version 1 AppleTV with a broadcom crystalhd module installed.  I'm
running Ubuntu and have loaded from source the crystalhd kernel module
and the libraries.

I have xbmc-pvr branch from yaVDR running on the appletv and it works
most of the time but cannot keep up with 1080 most of the time (can for
720p).  Does anyone know if this branch has crystalhd support and how do
I know if its using it?

Second, I would prefer to use vdr-xineliboutput and have installed
vdr-sxfe and vdr-fbfe.  I don't need, nor want all the overhead of
xbmc.  I'm thinking if I can one of these to work then it would be
perfect - I could use the vdr OSD, etc.  However, I can't find a video
module that will work properly.

vdr-sxfe shows me:
Available video drivers: vdpau aadxr3 dxr3 xv vaapi raw opengl xshm caca
aa none xxmc sdl vidixfb vidix fb xvmc
Available audio drivers: pulseaudio alsa oss jack none file

I understand to 'use' crystalhd you have to invoke the vaapi video
driver?  Is this correct?  When I try it, however, it says
libva: libva version 0.31.1
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0".
libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/nvidia_drv_video.so
libva: va_openDriver() returns -1

How can I get around this or is it possible with my setup?  Anyone got
this going?

Thanks for any help.

Norm