[vdr] Updated patch for vdr 1.7.22 in gentoo

Marc vdr at ekass.net
Mon Jan 2 18:11:40 CET 2012

On 01/01/2012 20:44, René wrote:
> Hi Marc,
>
> I pasted the output over here: http://pastebin.com/8eMsEuMf
>
> It looks that it can't find the files to patch. Maybe the patch was
> not compatible with Gentoo?
>
> It would be great if you could send an updated ebuild to 1.7.22 :-) I
> really miss the days when i updated my vdr on every release.. Now i
> have been "stuck" with 1.6.x for ages..
>
> Do you think that it would be possible to add the livebuffer-patch
> back to the official gentoo overlay? Even better if it could be added
> as a basic feature of vdr (that could be turned on/off from the
> settings :-) Klaus? Please, please, pleaaaaase :-)
>

> Regards,
>
> René

The patch applies, portage try several levels with patch and it
succeeded at p1 (log start at 255).

The modifications I've made work but you have more files that fail than
me. Perhaps you use more use flags. I don't know if the extension
patches are applied all the time or only when you set the use flag for
them. You could try to build vdr without any use flag and see if it
compiles.

I attached the patch for 1.7.22 and I removed the ifdef statement in
Makefile so there is no more need to patch the ebuild, just to put the
patch in VDR_LOCAL_PATCHES_DIR. You can still create a folder for each
version (
http://linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Gentoo_VDR_own_patches#Putting_patches_there
)

To add this patch to the overlay, have you tried to contact the
maintainer ? It could be interested, its address is in the changelog.

Regards,

Marc.