[vdr] Crystalhd support and help

Damien Bally biribi at free.fr
Tue Jan 3 23:54:30 CET 2012

Hello

I got a BCM70015 card working with vdr-xineliboutput by using the
crystalhd plugin for xine here :

http://crystalhd.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/crystalhd/branches/xine-plugin-crystalhd-ffmpeg/

The install procedure is thoroughly explained in the README.

Keep in mind you should compile it towards xine-lib 1.2, which is out
since a few days.

It works reliably with h.264 dvb-t streams on my D945GSEJT motherboard
with not more than 30% CPU usage. The media player also works, even if
it gets somewhat unresponsive when you try to fast forward or rewind
some HD files.

I don't know if the vaapi driver for crystalhd is usable too.