[vdr] Crystalhd support and help

Damien Bally biribi at free.fr
Wed Jan 4 01:02:16 CET 2012

Le 04/01/2012 00:17, Torgeir Veimo a écrit :

> What does interlaced material look like? I'd assume you could use
> tvtime output plugins to do deinterlacing, although it would increase
> cpu usage?

For the moment, my new vdr box is not in real operation, I should first
build a vga2scart to connect it to my old CRT TV set. I will use frame
rate control as described here : http://frc.easy-vdr.de/
(Anyway I know that the visual improvement between SD and HD content
will be very tiny on a CRT display.)

I see no image flaws on my PC monitor, though not using any
deinterlacing filters. Only MPEG-2 material from SD channels, which seem
to be decoded by software, not by the chip, look interlaced.