[vdr] Crystalhd support and help

Lists mlists at dressler.ca
Wed Jan 4 21:03:09 CET 2012

On 12-01-03 05:54 PM, Damien Bally wrote:
> Hello
>
> I got a BCM70015 card working with vdr-xineliboutput by using the
> crystalhd plugin for xine here :
>
> http://crystalhd.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/crystalhd/branches/xine-plugin-crystalhd-ffmpeg/
>

> The install procedure is thoroughly explained in the README.
>
> Keep in mind you should compile it towards xine-lib 1.2, which is out
> since a few days.
>
> It works reliably with h.264 dvb-t streams on my D945GSEJT motherboard
> with not more than 30% CPU usage. The media player also works, even if
> it gets somewhat unresponsive when you try to fast forward or rewind
> some HD files.
>
> I don't know if the vaapi driver for crystalhd is usable too.

I tried this install - got it all installed, and its being called up by
vdr-sxfe but I'm not getting anything on the screen!  I hear audio but
no video?  Any suggestions what might be going on here?  I see the error
failed to open broadcom Crystal HD but then further down it seems to be
utilizing it?

[30825] [input_vdr] Data stream connected (TCP)
[30825] [input_vdr] WARNING: xine-engine setting
"engine.buffers.audio_num_buffers":230 istoo low for HD-playback! Please
use values between 500-1000!
[30825] [input_vdr] WARNING: Video output driver reports it does not
support unscaled overlays !
Running DIL (3.20.0) Version
DtsDeviceOpen: Opening HW in mode 0
Clock set to 180
DtsNotifyMode: Ioctl failed: 6
Notify Operating Mode Failed
DtsAllocIoctlData Error
Unable to detach from Dil shared memory ...
DtsDelDilShMem:Unable get shmid ...
crystalhd_h264: ERROR: Failed to open Broadcom Crystal HD
[mpeg2video @ 0x8928ca0]ac-tex damaged at 18 15
[mpeg2video @ 0x8928ca0]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0x8928ca0]concealing 924 DC, 924 AC, 924 MV errors
crystalhd_decoder.c: ffmpeg aspect ratio: 1.777778 3600

Press Esc to exit

[30839] [input_vdr] WARNING: xine-engine setting
"engine.buffers.video_num_frames":15 is too small for some HD channels
[30842] [demux_vdr] PMT changed, resetting demuxer
     Last message repeated 1 times
[mpeg2video @ 0x8984810]mpeg_decode_postinit() failure
     Last message repeated 34 times
[mpeg2video @ 0x8984810]ac-tex damaged at 40 0
[mpeg2video @ 0x8984810]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0x8984810]concealing 3600 DC, 3600 AC, 3600 MV errors
crystalhd_decoder.c: ffmpeg aspect ratio: 1.777778 1501
     Last message repeated 73 times
[mpeg2video @ 0x8984810]ac-tex damaged at 57 0
[mpeg2video @ 0x8984810]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0x8984810]concealing 3592 DC, 3592 AC, 3592 MV errors
crystalhd_decoder.c: got first decoded picture size 1812