[vdr] digitenne disturbance, poor reception or mistake in descrambling?

Dick Streefland spam at altium.nl
Thu Jan 12 13:43:02 CET 2012

cedric.dewijs at telfort.nl wrote:
| I have setup vdr to receive and decode digitenne. I have used the following
| manuals:
| https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VDR
| https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Digitenne
|

| Sometimes i see some disturbance in the received image. I wonder if this
| is due to poor reception, or by a problem of the decoding of the scrambled
| channels.

NED1, NED2 and NED3 are not scrambled, so if you get disturbances on
those channels, you probably have poor reception.

| Does vdr keep statistics of the reception quality? Is there any way I can
| get diagnostics of the sc plugin?

You can view the signal quality with the "femon" plugin, although not
all DVB-T drivers report proper signal levels. It also shows whether a
channel is encrypted or not (CA). The sc plugin will write messages to
one of the log files in /var/log/.

--
Dick