KWorld UB435-Q USB ATSC TV Stick
There are 3 versions of this device - each has a different VID:UID:
- 1b80:a340 no version indicator - supported under Linux as of Kernel 2.6.3
- 1b80:e346 markings ?? appears to be supported in kernel ??
- 1b80:e34c add V3 to name - supported under Linux as of Kernel 3.16.??
Original version Overview/Features
- High speed USB2.0 Plug-and-Play interface for PC or Laptop.
- USB 2.0 Bus-powered (No power adaptor required).
- Supports up to 1920x1080i (HDTV).
- Supports Digital TV (ATSC 8VSB) and Digital Cable TV (unencrypted QAM).
- Dolby Digital AC3 Audio Output.
- NXP TDA18271HD/C2 tuner
- LG LGDT3304 digital demodulator
- Empia EM2870 USB bridge
USB ID from Output of lsusb: 1b80:a340
UB435-Q V3 Overview/Features
- Requires USB 3 interface. Detected in a USB 2 slot, but does not function.
- Other features same as original version.
- LG LGDT3305 digital demodulator (neatly stamped "7th Generation VSB/QAM Receiver")
- NXP 18272/M
- Empia EM2874B USB bridge
Looks like original version. Label on back with UPC code has V3 added to name.
USB ID from Output of lsusb: 1b80:e34c