XdTV is a software application that uses the v4l/v4l2, bktr & DVB APIs (Note: WE CURRENTLY ONLY SUPPORT DVB-T), allowing you to watch, record & stream TV.
- XdTV versions 2.4.0 and higher are now DVB-T compatible (YOU SHOULD USE THE last 2.4.1cvs version with kernel higher than 2.6.18)
- Scanning DVB-T channels is fully supported.
- An offset can be set in case of scanning problem (usefull for some cards).
- Possibility to switch from one channel to another through a GUI.
- The DVB-T initialization is always synchronized with the LinuxTV data.
- Possibilities to record & stream a DVB-T show.
- It interacts with AleVT for Teletext and Nxtvepg for NextView
- It can use some deinterlacing filters
- its video recording feature supports many codecs (FFMpeg, XviD, Ogg Theora & Vorbis, DivX, ...) and file containers (AVI, MPEG, OGG,...)
- It has also some plugin capabilities
- 1) You can switch from a dvb channel to another one but no to an analogic(V4l/v4l2) one ! This feature should be supported in the next release of XdTV.
- 2) When your init file has been downloaded, and if you have some problem to detect the DVB-T networks, you can try some frequency offsets in the "DVB init" GUI : choose the offset you want and click on "scan". No need to download and save the init file at every time you change the offset.
- You need to install the SDL and Curl libraries to use the XdTV DVB-T support.
- The DVB-T Teletext, Nextview don't work yet.
- If someone find a way to avoid patching the FFmpeg library, we are interested in his solution. Thus, it will be also possible to activate the DVB with an external FFmpeg library. We will be happy to commit it into the XdTV source code.
The project is actually stopped and wait for a new maintainer