[linux-dvb] Re: Skins

> However, IMHO it would be far more useful to
> have a VDR that records everything reliably
> without A/V dropouts, without the OSD changing
> colors randomly, without ARM reset loops, etc.
> Once everything is 100% stable, we should think
> about new features.
I Totally agree with you...

> Among the new VDR features that I would like
> to have before skins are:
> *  playback of all media (DVD, VCD, MP3).
Just give a stand alone DVD Player a try - there are even some low-cost players around which are capable of playing those media !
And some rather rare ones are capable of playing SVCDs with the DVBs Streams on them (no re-encoding) - so called X-SVCD !
Just have a look at http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php for some tests...

I had to make the same decision and I was always searching for an all-in-one solution with the DVBs Card - but now I bought a CYBERHOME (I know they have bad critics sometime) DVD Player for 388,- DM which really fulfills all my wishes - DVD / VCD / MP3 / SVCD / CD / X-SVCD (yes with the DVBs Stream re-muxed to svcd packet sizes via mplex)

Regards, Martin.