[linux-dvb] Getting PNR from frontend with NAPI

Klaus Schmidinger writes:
 > Apparently the NAPI tunes channels only by VPID and APID (which, BTW, works
 > fine now with channels that have various languages :-), without
 > needing the Pnr. However, the EIT scanner in VDR needs to know the
 > Pnr of the current channel. Is there a way to get the current channel's
 > Pnr after successfully tuning to it? This would make the Pnr parameter
 > stored in VDR's 'channels.conf' superfluous.

No, there is no way right now and I don't think adding one is a good
idea. Channel lists should always include PNRs and only use the
PIDs to allow faster tuning.
(Don't use tuxzap as a counter example, that's a test program, the
"real" applications other people at Convergence develope are different)

The driver is supposed to be a thin layer betwen hardware and
application. I only added the PMT/PAT scanner into it because I
had to to give the PNR to the CI code (and this one scans PAT/PMT
again ...). This should be the job of the application.
We will add appropriate calls to the CA API to make this possible
in the future.

Ralph