[linux-dvb] DVB-S RC

rjkm@convergence.de(Ralph Metzler)  17.10.01 03:33

Once upon a time Ralph Metzler shaped the electrons to say...

> The problem is, that the box has only 2 PCI slots and only
> one serial. It uses lirc serial so i can't use V.24 terminal emu
> writing a log file. I tried to make the dvb IR run,
> but i found that it was a miss information/understanding:
> I thought that dvb now supports the IR input on the 2.1 DVB-s for lirc,
> but it should read, that dvb can now use IR _form_ lirc.
> And lirc does only support the Hauppage IP control unit (the
> "device" with the two AAA batteries ;-) ) and not the IR receiver.

>I don't exactly understand what you mean.

You did :-)

>The driver DOES support the IR input of the 2.1 card.

This i first understood too, but was told that not.

see:
 Mo 15.10.01, 21:40  (erhalten: 15.10.01, 22:12)
 martin.fischer@netsurf.de  (Martin Fischer)
 Re: DVB-s und lirc

>Somebody even reported it works on his old 1.3 card with the receiver
>on the CI interface (although it does not work on mine).

If i load lirc_i2c, lirc_dev lircd is "happy", yes.
But if i press a key on my RC VDR do not react.
Uuups. could it be that this only works with the orignal
Hauppauge RC? (This i can't use, because it switches my TV too)