[linux-dvb] script for generating /video/sub with symbolic links ?

Hi !

I do want to solve the following thing:

I ve my vdr linux box in the living room, connected by 100 MBit Ethernet to
my server.
In the vdr-box there is a 60 GB HDD which  is - for daily and weekly
recording - big  enough.
But for archiving video data it is hence too small ...
So I mounted via NFS a directory from my Server, let us call it  /space.
On /space/mpeg1 and /space/mpeg2 there are several Mpeg-Files (Named
Movie_Title.mpg).
Until now, I mkdir'ed under /video another entry with a symbolic link to any
of the mpeg files on /space/m* by hand. But this is boring, hence there are
about 200 Mpeg files ...

Does anyone has created a script which is able to make the appropriate files
under /video with automatic sym-links to another (video-)file ?

My mainproblem is, the /video/MovieName/2001-12-03.21\:11.50.50.rec Subdir ?
How do I create this automatically ?
And the next Problem is, how to generate "index.vdr"  "summary.vdr" (the last
one could be empty, couldn't it ?)

Thanks a lot in advance.

BTW: A File Browser would be great in VDR :-)

--
Bis denn,

Ulrich

www.kirchheide.de