[linux-dvb] Re: Original firmware

I've made some small modifications to the linux driver; basically I've just
removed some stuff that the original firmware did not support and changed
some of the constants in the header files. I have no way of modifying the
firmware as I do not have access to the source code for it.

Some of the code I've removed is the VDR stuff, so this is not working
right now, although it can surely be fixed. Also tuning to encrypted
channels needs either a small change to the tuning API. That's why I'm
hesitant to issue this to people who would expect support from me that I
can't give.

The modified firmware that comes with the Linux driver has some extra
features added, but I suppose that the CA support in it is not so good,
perhaps because it was not so high on the developer's priorities.

As there seems to be some interest, I'll set up a web site and put my code
on it, unless anyone raises any legal objections.