[linux-dvb] WinTV Nova: Drivers working, but no Video

PSIplus writes:
 > Hi!
 >
 > I installed the Debian Driver-Sources and dvb-zapping packages, the Driver is
 > Working but tuxview isn't.
 >
 > Tuxview is crashing. Zapping and XawTV are showing only black screen. If I
 > try to open /dev/ost/dvr0 in MPlayer or Xine, this apps are crashing.
 >
 > The card is working well, I tried it in Windows. But why isn't it running in
The Nova card needs a software MPEG2 decoder. The hardware only
delivers the MPEG data. MPlayer and Xine cannot play the TS stream
that comes from /dev/ost/dvr.
Try "cat /dev/ost/dvr | ts2ps 0 0 | mplayer -" or the euivalent for
xine, if possible. You may need to put the program buffer in that
pipe.

Marcus